Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
Calculate the energy for n＝3 from the equation: ; for the hydrogen atom (z＝1)
Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
1. The Balmer equation is ; where RH ＝ 1.0973731534 X107 m and n must be greater than 2.
a. Calculate the wavelength in nanometers for a transition from n＝5 according to the Balmer equation.
b. The next series of elements in the periodic table with begin in the 9th row. What wavelength would be observed for a transition from n＝9 in the hydrogen atom according to the Balmer equation?
2. Bohr generalized the Balmer equation as follows: ; where ni ˂ nf.
a. What is the wavelength for a transition from n＝ 5 to n＝1?
3. The Bohr equation can be expressed in terms of energy as: ; where RH ＝ 2.1798736 X10-18 J and ni ˂ nf.
a. What is the energy associated with the transition from n＝5 to n＝1?
b. What energy would be associated with a transition from n＝9 to n＝6?
4. Calculate the energy for n＝3 from the equation: ; for the hydrogen atom (Z＝1)
5. Calculate the energy for n＝5 from the equation: ; for the Li2+ ion atom (Z＝3)
6. Calculate the radius for n＝8 from the equation: ; where a0 ＝ 0.5292 Å.
7. Calculate the radius for n＝4 from the equation: ; where a0 ＝ 0.5292 Å for the He+ ion where Z＝2 and compare to the value for the hydrogen atom where Z＝1.