Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
Discussion 1 Assessment Descriiption 1. Explain how acid-base physiology leads t
Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
1. Explain how acid-base physiology leads to the regulation of fluid balance and extra cellular pH.
2. What is the equation for the carbonic acid/bicarbonate buffering system? How do actions at the lungs and kidneys affect this equation and thus compensate for alterations in plasma pH levels?
3. How do changes in plasma osmolality affect the physiology of erythrocytes?
A 75-year-old man was admitted with shortness of breath and lower extremity edema. He has been unwell for about a week and had multiple bouts of diarrhea over the previous 5 days. He does not take any medications. He was hyperventilating and was very distressed when EMS arrived. Admission arterial blood gas is listed below. He was on high concentration oxygen by mask on arrival to the emergency department.
Na+ = 127
HCO- = 30meq/L 3
K+ = 5.2
Glucose 9.5 mmols/l
Anion gap 33 mmols/l
Arterial Blood Gases
pCO2 21 mmHg
pO2 154 mmHg
HCO3 19 mmol/l
Answer the following questions:
(Respiratory alkalosis, partially compensated.) ROME (PH is high(alkalosis), pCO2 is low(alkalosis), HCO3 is low(acidosis). Remember: ROME for identifying if its respiratory of metabolic.
1. What is this patient’s acid-base disorder?
2. Discuss why you how you came to that conclusion.
Is the patient compensating?
3. What are the pathophysiological responses that the body is attempting to use to compensate?