Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
Why should i read it as a reader?
Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
The research paper should be based on the topics discussed in class or topics from the textbook that are exclusively related to sociological theories of crime*. You need to take a decisive stand on one of the issues and defend it persuasively with evidence drawn from peer-reviewed journal articles.
The focal point in academic research is the clarity of the problem statement/ thesis statement and the objectives of any research paper because they lead you, as a researcher, to focus on some variables and not others and provide an opportunity for you to demonstrate why these variables are essential.
In your paper, the problem statement is the first part of the essay to be read. It should ″hook″ the reader and establish a persuasive context for what follows. The problem statement is just one sentence (with several paragraphs of elaboration). It should be specific and supported by empirical evidence. Remember that your topic may change as you write, so you may need to revise your statement to reflect what you have discussed in the paper.
The objectives of your research should be based on the problem statement. They are some analytical or desсrіptive tasks that lead you to accomplish your problem statement.
The Problem Statement focuses on the relationship between domestic violence and family income. The main variables in the above statement are (1) domestic violence, and (2) family income.
The objectives, for example are: (1) to understand domestic violence based on a specific theoretical approach such as the structural-functionalist approach, the Marxist approach, or the symbolic interaction approach (2) to analyze the impact of family income on domestic violence. You can come up with more objectives but make sure to connect them with the problem statement.
Example of an analytical thesis statement.
An analysis of the college admission process reveals one challenge facing counselors: accepting students with high test scores or students with strong extracurricular backgrounds.
Example of the objectives:
• explain the analysis of the college admission process (objective 1)
• explain the challenge facing admissions counselors” (objective 2)
Example of an expository (explanatory) thesis statement:
The typical college student′s life is characterized by time spent studying, attending class, and socializing with peers.
The paper that follows should Explain how students spend their time studying, attending class, and socializing with peers.
What you need to include in the introduction:
The introduction is the broad beginning of your research paper. It may include answers to the following questions:
1. What is your problem statement?
2. Why do you think it is important or significant to study? Why should I read it as a reader?
3. What are the objectives of your paper?
The major subheadings that I encourage you to use after the introduction are:
a. Literature Review: A literature review is an account of what has been published on a topic by accredited scholars and researchers. It is recommended to cover the following aspects when you write the literature review section:
1. The problem statement and the research objectives
2. Method of research (qualitative-quantitative)
3. Main findings of the study
4. Critique of the main argument, data, findings
5. This section is the supporting ideas of your thesis statement that contains a few paragraphs in order to approve your problem statement. It is similar or equivalent to the body paragraph in research essays. Please do not divide your literature into articles as you do in annotated bibliographies. Reviewing articles from peer-reviewed journals is key in this section.
b. Analytical Section: Your critical thinking and analyzing empirical evidence is highly recommended in this section. What may you do in this section?
1. You may argue the main theme in the literature you reviewed.
2. You may compare the previous studies based on findings.
3. You may support your problem statement based on the literature you reviewed
4. Applying theories or a single theory or a theoretical approach in this section is highly recommended.
Some students may apply their critical thinking and theoretical imagination in the literature review section itself when they analyze and criticize the reviewed articles. It all depends on your writing style and your preferences. Therefore, the analytical section can be embodied in the literature review section.
c. Conclusion: A conclusion is the last few paragraphs in your research paper that summarize your research paper′s main findings. It should be short and focused on the problem statement and the objectives. Your conclusion should follow the same order of information as your introduction; therefore, you need to refer back to your introduction.
1. References: APA format is required
You Research paper should be:
1. -Three pages max, excluding the front page and the bibliography.
2. – Page number 4 will not be marked.
3. In formal research paper format
4. Typed, Font 12 – Times New Roman –Double-space
5. Submitted to Turnitin and Blackboard Drop-Box– Turnitin information is posted on the course′s home page.
6. Writing a research plan is recommended. It should be discussed with me during my office hours. The link for my office hours schedule is posted on BB.